What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
1. Essential cookies
These are used for technical purposes essential to the effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
2. Performance Cookies
We utilise other cookies to analyse how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customising our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages.
This analysis includes the use of Google Analytics. You can learn more about the privacy and security of Google Analytics data at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and that page also provides a mechanism to opt-out of Google Analytics entirely. We have set Google Analytics Data Sharing Settings to "Do not share" for our site.
If you complete a transaction then we also use Microsoft Analytics. For information and opt-out please see http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/fullnotice.mspx
3. Cookies used to meet contractual obligations
These are used to enable The CV Centre® to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar
- Select Settings the click on ‘Show advanced settings’
- In the “Privacy” section, click the ‘Content settings’ button
- To enable cookies in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Allow local data to be set’, this will enable both first-party and third-party cookies. To allow only first-party cookies pick ‘Block all third-party cookies without exception’
- To disable cookies, in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Block sites from setting any data’
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet Options'
- In the options window navigate to the 'Privacy' tab
- To enable cookies: Set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below
- To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
- Click on 'Tools' at the browser menu and select ‘Options’
- Select the Privacy panel
- To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- To disable cookies: Uncheck ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- Click on 'Setting’ at the browser menu and select 'Settings'
- Select ‘Quick Preferences’
- To enable cookies: check “Enable Cookies”
- To disable cookies: uncheck “Enable Cookies”
Safari on OSX
- Click on 'Safari' at the menu bar and select the 'Preferences' option
- Click on 'Security'
- To enable cookies: In the 'Accept cookies' section select 'Only from site you navigate to'
- To disable cookies: In the ‘Accept cookies’ section select ‘Never’
Please look for a “help” function in the browser or contact the browser provider.
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable 3rd party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you may be unable to complete a purchase on this site.